As we build up to the big day on the 29th March, please note the key events will be:
– An informal evening get-together the evening before (on the 28th, that is), at The Bull public house, Linton from 9pm or so. We have permission to play and sing if the mood takes us, and the pub sells food if you’re able to get there early enough. The phone number is 01622-743612 if you wish to book. It’s about 15 minutes south of Maidstone on the A229 and can be found here.
– A step dancing workshop at 10.30am at the Memorial Hall, Frittenden (£2 adults, £1 under-17s who are welcome with parents)
– A FREE session of singing and playing in the Bell & Jorrocks pub in Frittenden, starting at mid-day
– A concert in the Memorial Hall from 3.30pm (£4 adults, £2 under-17s)
– A barn dance (or ceilidh if that’s the word you prefer) at the Memorial Hall in the evening from 8pm (£6 adults, £4 under-17s) (supported by Awards for All – see below)
Please note that tickets are generally available on the day, but locals can buy advance tickets at the village shop. Let us know if you’re coming a long way and want to reserve a ticket.
If you’re coming to the session, please let us know if you want to eat – it will help the landlord and landlady if we can warn them of the numbers to expect to want lunch. This applies particularly if you are a vegetarian! Call us on 01622 832871 or 01622 832461, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our thanks go to Howard Lilley for loaning us a set of signboards – there are now posters on all the roads into the village!
Download a handbill: Kent Gathering Handbill.
Download a Kent Gathering ceilidh or barn dance poster.
Where is Frittenden? Click here for the information!